Cortec® VpCI-101 Emitter | 25 pcs
Vapour Phase Corrosion InhibitorSKU: VCI101-25
Cortec® VpCI-101 emitters are small foam devices (76 x 32 x 6mm) designed to provide corrosion protection for metal components and parts enclosed in non-ventilated control boxes, cabinets, or tool boxes up to 28L.
Cortec® VpCI-101 emitters are small devices designed to provide corrosion protection for metal components and parts enclosed in non-ventilated control boxes, cabinets, or tool boxes up to 28L.
Corrosion inhibitors emit vapours that form a molecular layer on metal surfaces to protect critical, complex, and expensive electronic equipment and other metal components during operations, shipping and storage. These emitters provide long-term protection against corrosion even in the presence of adverse conditions including salt, moisture, airborne contaminants, H2S, SO2, NH3, and others.
- Provides continuous protection up to 24 months
- Multi-metal protection; no spraying, wiping, or dipping required
- Effective in polluted and humid atmospheres
- The molecular VpCI® layer does not interfere with electrical, optical or mechanical performance
- Non-toxic and safe to handle and apply
- Free of nitrites, silicones and phosphates
- Low V.O.C. values
- Self-stick back with date label
- Multifunctional protection: VpCI, static dissipating and desiccant ability
- NSN: 6850-01-338-1392
- Operating, packaged, and stored electrical equipment
- Marine navigation and communication equipment
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wireways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment and remote electronic devices
- Hand-held battery-operated devices
- Tool boxes, parts storage, and other containers holding metals
Method of Application:
VpCI®-101 devices are simple and convenient to install. Select a space within any enclosure where corrosion protection would be useful. Verify that the surface where the device will be affixed is clean and free of debris. Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the device and attach it to the clean surface. VpCI®-101 devices can be installed in any position. If the enclosure is not totally airtight, or if the access doors are opened frequently, replace the VpCI®-101 device more often than every 2 years. After periods of heavy maintenance replace the device.
|Material||Foam with adhesive backing|
|Dimensions||76 x 32 x 6mm|
|Carton Quantity||50 individually sealed emitters per carton|
|Shelf Life||2 years in original (unopened) packaging|