Transformer Breather PC-TB600 (Economy) w/ Orange Silica Gel
Conservator up to 1500L oil capacitySKU: PC-TB600R
Transformer breather filled with orange - green silica gel. Clear polycarbonate body allows easy monitoring of the desiccant for replacement purposes. Measures 158mm H x 108mm D and holds 600gms of desiccant.
Transformer breathers provide an economic and efficient means of lowering the humidity of the airspace in the conservator tank, thus preventing the formation of condensation as the system cools. Moisture entering the unit will reduce the insulating quality of the cooling oil in the conservator tank, eventually leading to complete failure and shutdown of the system.
Our “PC” Economy Series breathers are made from a tough UV stabilised polycarbonate and can be used repeatedly throughout the life of the transformer. The units are mounted from a a ¾” female pipe thread connection and are equipped with an integrated two-way low pressure set of relief valves which are maintenance free for the life of the breather.
No more messy “oil bowl” valves. No more contamination of the desiccant. Just unscrew the breather, remove the filter and O-ring seal, empty the saturated desiccant and refill it.
Available in 5 sizes, all of our "PC" transformer breathers are filled with indicating silica gel desiccant which will warn the user when it requires replacement. Two colour indicators are available: orange to green or blue to pink.
- High performance UV stabilised clear polycarbonate
- Operating temperature range –50°C to +70°C
- Weather resistant
- Mounted via ¾” female pipe thread connection
- Simple installation
- Low dusting beaded silica gel desiccant
- Indicating desiccant changes from blue – pink; orange - green
The breather is supplied with a threaded sealing plug screwed into the top moulding to prevent any water vapour ingress whilst in storage. This plug should be removed immediately prior to the unit being fitted to the air vent pipe of the transformer reservoir tank. Fit the breather and tighten using the spanner flats provided at the top of the unit. Maximum torque on threads is 9Nm/80lbfin.
NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SCREW OR UNSCREW THE BREATHER BY HOLDING THE BODY WITH YOUR HANDS, USE A SPANNER ON THE FLATS PROVIDED.
If the breather is not routinely replaced when the desiccant becomes saturated, follow the steps below for changing out the spent silica gel.
- Unscrew the breather from the vent pipe.
- Remove the perforated cover in the top moulding and empty the spent silica gel from the container. This material may be disposed of in a normal landfill.
- Fill the container with active orange or blue silica gel and lightly tap the container to settle the desiccant and top up if necessary.
- Replace the perforated cover and screw the breather back onto the vent pipe.
|Max Oil Content (Litres)
|Transformer Rating (MVA)
|Air Space Volume (Litres)
|Max Air Volume Before Recharge (Litres)
|Desiccant Charge (Grams)
|Approx Charge Life (Days)
|PC-TB600 / TBR
|PC-TB1200 / TBR1
|PC-TB1900 / TBR2
|Indicating Silica Gel
|UV stabilised clear polycarbonate
|158mm H x 108mm D
|Conservator up to 1500L oil capacity